Friday, February 7, 2014

Friday

Morning arrived with such a quietness outside. Wind stopped sometimes at night, snow also stopped around 3 in the morning. No sound of traffic, nothingness and cold.
I send a text message to my office manager letting her know that I'm not coming to work. It's too dangerous to drive. Her response was - we're closing clinic down due to the weather. 
Opening ceremony was scheduled at 8am our time - and our miracle worker Alex - after a while finally find some live stream from Sochi.
I was very impressed with the opening ceremony, regardless what other people say.  Knowing the history and culture I believe it was beautifully done.
And the simple fact that they didn't talk about "dark" time in the history didn't bother me at all.  Olympic games is time for celebration, not for bringing ugliness up to the table.

After the ceremony, I went out and played with kids. here's some pictures. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment