Thursday, January 9, 2014

Food Bank

Samantha, one of the supervisors at PBO where I used to work, texted me couple weeks ago asking if I would like to join them for Food Bank.
Oregon Food Bank is one of the volunteering projects that I absolutely loved doing while employed by Providence. Today was the day and I was hoping to see at least some familiar faces from PBO.
Arrived 10 minutes before and 6pm and first people I saw was Alyra and her son Zion.  Alyra was (as I find out later) trainer and lead problem-solver.  I really enjoyed knowing her.  Zion is just turned 8 and this is second time we're meeting at Food Bank, I was impressed that he still remember me and we had an amazing time together.  There were 8 people on the list, however only 5 showed up including me.  Sam and Todd were running late.  
We started with sorting and packing onions in bags. then moved to packing rice.  Because of Teen school on Thursday night I had to leave early, but I'm more than sure to bring teens with me next time.
It was very nice to visit with Alyra and Sam, catch up on gossip and news.  Alyra left PBO, so did Heather who was manager at the time when I was working.  Sound like many people are gone or moved somewhere else.  After listening to some of the comments I realized that I'm happy that I left.

No comments:

Post a Comment