Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Juice'ing

We talked about it for a while, and last week I was informed that this week is the Juice'ing week.

We have done it before, where all bring veggies and fruits to work, I have a juice machine and all of us on detoxing spree.  Last time I think we did for 5 days.  This time I was surfing the web and stumble upon the site with recipes and shopping list and testimonies from people doing this detox.

I print both 3 day and 7 day plans, after short discussion decided to start with 3 days detox.  After work on Tuesday I went grocery shopping. $58 later and 5 bag full of produce I'm ready!

First drink this morning was called Morning Glory and had apples, cucumber, blueberries, grapes, kale and ginger.  It was okay. I'm not a big fan of ginger and i'd put less next time.

Lunch drink was called Sunset Passion with beet, cucumber, carrot, apple, banana, kale, lemon and lime.  I did also add flax seed after juice is ready.  It's actually for dinner, but today Alex birthday and I'm sure I'll be eating more than juice tonight.

Headache, and sleepiness - those two side effects so far.  I know it's only way to quit caffeine by going cold turkey. But it's still hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment