Sunday, January 19, 2014

Shen Yun 2014

Local Russian radio has been running ad for last couple weeks for Shen Yun Performing Art.  Chinese traditional folk dance all the way from New York.
After checking then out on YouTube, I decided to buy the tickets.
Only 3 days in Portland, I was able to find least expensive tickets for Saturday night performance.  Bought 3 tickets for Lena, myself and mom.  Unfortunately mom didn't go.  That another story.
Saturday night Lena and I went together, with 3 tickets. There's was a older lady holding a sign with "One Ticket please" as we walked by - I said: " Wonder if she selling or buying?"
Lena went back and asked her, we find out that she cannot afford the full price and was hoping that someone has extra ticket.  Well we did have one, she gave us $20.00 and we gave her mom's ticket.
Ours seats were in the nose-bleed section in the Keller Auditorium, and as we walked in I asked Lena if she would like to pay extra and upgrade them to the better seats.  After asking at the Ticket Box - we were sent inside.  Strange I thought.
Inside I asked people standing by the door, they sent me upstairs. Upstairs we were greeted by a guy who explained that all 2nd balcony tickets were upgraded to the orchestra seating due to some technical difficulties.  We got new tickets, walked down stairs to the general waiting area.  As we find our seats we were surprised that there were many open seats.  As time draw closer to the starting time we decided to move upfront after light turned off.
Light out... and here we come, not even sure what row we end up choosing, but I'd guess 12-14 from the stage.
What an amazing performance!!!
First half was 60 minutes long, 15 minutes break, then another 45 minutes of the incredible show of light, music and fluid movement of human bodies.









No comments:

Post a Comment